Trump absolutely, categorically and unequivocally will not show his tax returns. Many political pundits are speculating the Trump camp has determined not releasing the returns will harm his campaign less than if he reveals the documents.
Here are the top 10 reasons why Donald Trump will not make public his tax returns:
- They would confirm he is worth less than he claims. Many financial experts believe Trump’s stated net worth ($10 billion) is even more inflated than his ego.
- They would show his close ties with Vladimir Putin. Apparently they are co-owners of a Russian dating site: ComradeMatch.com.
- They would reveal his lack of business smarts. Trump is believed to have lost money from a large investment in a chain of Florida alligator petting zoos.
- They would confirm he pays little, to no, taxes. It is rumored Trump pays less in taxes than his Mar-a-Lago cleaning lady, Inez Hernandez.
- They would show multiple bank accounts in the Bahamas. Most of Trump’s cash is believed to be sheltered in a Bahamian repository, The Royal Trust M. E. Bank.
- They would show little charitable giving. About the only confirmed largesse is to the RCGLVF (Retired Call Girls of Las Vegas Fund).
- They would show embarrassing, and perhaps, illegal political contributions. Trump is said to be the largest personal donor to the Louie Gohmert Re-election Committee.
- They would show questionable write-offs. It has long been rumored Trump deducts the cost of his “hair” maintenance.
- They would show he is asset rich but income poor. Sources say Trump’s main income stream is his monthly Social Security check.
- His longtime accountants, H & R Block, have advised him not to release his returns.
One can see how any one of the first nine reasons for Trump not releasing his returns could spell doom for the Republican presidential candidate.
Photo | forbesbusiness.com