The GOP establishment just doesn’t get it: why would anyone support a buffoon like Donald Trump? Here is a man with zero political experience; a man who boasts of being political incorrect; a man who, in the famous words of John McCain, might be labeled a “wacko bird.” Yet there he is, leading his Republican opponents in the polls … month after month.
In an effort to find out what Trump supporters like most about the man, MM interviewed a number of his devoted followers. Here are the top five reasons why voters are attracted to Trump:
- “He has no political experience. Zip. That is why I think he is perfect for the job,” said Jake Brenner, who recently was denied a fast food job because he did not meet the qualification of having a high school diploma.
- “He really understands the struggles of the common man,” said Abigail Scruggs of the billionaire when interviewed at her trailer home.
- “He’s a smart businessman, the kind of winner America desperately needs, “ said Jim Grey about the businessman who has declared corporate bankruptcy four times.
- “He says what’s on his mind and could care less about being politically correct,” said Dave Manning of the man whose statements about Muslims are about to get him banned from Great Britain.
- “He is a born leader who just wants to serve his country and make it great again,” said Greta Jones about the man who sought multiple deferments in order to avoid service in Viet Nam.
Yes, Trump’s supporters are a fiercely loyal bunch. There is nothing their hero can say or do to change their minds. Facts be damned! One could say Donald Trump is the new American Idol.
To View / Post Comments
Photo | businessinsider.com